Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Elevation Burger Review (Carlsbad Restaurants)



Pricing:
The burgers themselves are $4-6.  So slightly more than going to McDonald's.  Slightly less than going to a sit down burger joint like The Counter.  The french fries are separate and cost about $3.  A single order of fries is definitely large enough to share.

Distance:
In that same new Carlsbad (La Costa) shopping center as Tommy V's.  It takes about 20 minutes to get to whether you take back roads or the freeway.

Thoughts:
It was kind of strange walking into this place.  It felt like I had just entered a parallel universe and Elevation Burger was what they called their Five Guys.  Because it was Five Guys.  Only it was blue and not red.  And there weren't any peanuts.

The format was exactly the same "build it yourself" high end fast food style.  There are posters everywhere with pictures of cows and farms that boast over how organic their meat is.  Whatever.  If the meat was that organic they wouldn't be charging only $4 for it.

But I digress.  I admit, I liked this place more than Five Guys.  It was less greasy and more flavorful.  The fries were freshly cut and cooked.  I also appreciated the fact that their milkshakes contained actual fruit (it was frozen fruit, but still).

The major drawback to Elevation Burger is the out-of-the-way-deep-La-Costa location.  Yes, I liked it more than Five Guys.  But was it so much better that it warrants a twenty minute drive...?  No.  If I was in the area, however, I would definitely seek it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment